Cats Sleep Anywhere


Cats sleep anywhere, any table, any chair.
Top of piano, window-ledge, in the middle, on the edge.
Open drawer, empty shoe, anybody's lap will do.
Fitted in a cardboard box, in the cupboard with your frocks.
Anywhere! They don't care! Cats sleep anywhere.

- Eleanor Farjeon

This is an old photograph of the Lady Perpetua. I was changing the beddings in the guest bedroom. Somewhere between my removal of the old duvet cover and my return with a fresh one, she had claimed the duvet as her own. I didn't have the heart to move her on.

3 responses:

margaret said...

She looks blissfully comfy. We have the same issue in our house but usually it's Miss Tilney simply taking possession of something not necessarily sleeping on it.

Joe S.R. said...

Don't I know it. Ginger's theory seems to be that if any surface is open for 10 seconds or more, she's supposed to sleep there.Currently, she's sleeping on top of the computer's monitor. (And her paws are in the way.)

Michael said...

Oh, I have the problem of places and things being claimed as well. If I'm on thw sofa, I only need lean forward to pick something up off the floor. By the time I try to sit back, I realise there's a cat behind me.

I also can't leave a glass of water on the floor next to me because she'll drink it, in spite of the fact that her own water bowl is no more than two metres away.

Post a Comment

Comments from unregistered users are welcome but please do identify yourself so as not to comment anonymously. Thank you.

 
©2009 All of Creation Rejoices | by TNB