St John DVD

Last summer, I posted to share the exciting news of the release of a DVD about the Life of St John of Shanghai and San Francisco, and included the details from the ROCOR website of how to purchase it.

However, anybody from outside of North America who tried to order a copy would have soon learnt, as I did, that no provision had been made for taking credit or debit card payments, and that there was not even a Paypal account set up so that people unable to send a cheque in US dollars could pay using that method instead. I investigated with my bank the possibility of doing a balance transfer, but because it would have been an international transfer, incurring a bank charge, a currency exchange fee, and a middle-man fee, the total cost that I was quoted amounted to more than twice the price of the DVD, and that's before the international postage charge. Unable to justify the expense, I disappointedly decided to leave it.

Anyway, I am pleased to announce my recent discovery that Orthodox Incense has acquired copies of the DVD and has a simple payment system through Paypal, which allows people to easily pay for orders from anywhere in the world. I have found them to be incredibly friendly and prompt, and have no qualms about recommending them.

God bless them and their service.

7 responses:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Oh, this is great news !
Thanks, Michael :-)

Michael said...

You're very welcome! I haven't ordered the DVD yet but the book I ordered from them arrived eight days later. Considering I didn't choose the priority mailing option and they couldn't despatch immediately because they had been snowed in, I think that's very good going. I plan to order the St John DVD and this short film as well.

What I'm really looking for is a DVD about the Kursk Root icon. I have only found one, in Russian, without dubbing or subtitles.

Ian Climacus said...

Oh -- Pop-Up Comments. :)

Wonderful news; thanks for sharing -- I'll raid the piggy bank I think.

Michael said...

Well, it has been ordered. :-)

GretchenJoanna said...

Michael, I hadn't worked my way back to find your post about this DVD from last summer, so I'm glad you had occasion to post about it again. I hadn't heard of it, though I am close to San Francisco and to the monastery that bears his name here in northern California.
The trailer was really engaging; I hope I can get the whole DVD.

Michael said...

Welcome, GretchenJoanna! :-)

It's good to have you here. And yes, do get the DVD if you can. I'm thoroughly looking forward to its arrival. Is trhe monastery the one in the OCA? I know of them because of their musical work but I know little about them beyond that. Please do let me know if you ever visit.

GretchenJoanna said...

Yes, it is in the OCA.

Post a Comment

Comments from unregistered users are welcome but please do identify yourself so as not to comment anonymously. Thank you.

 
©2009 All of Creation Rejoices | by TNB