The New "WaterAid" Advert

I don't like to push causes onto people and generally tend not to use my blog for such things. However, I would like to draw people's attention to this advert.



I think it's incredibly powerful and shows how, with a little bit of imagination, such appeals can be done in a way the truly engages the viewer without resorting to the sort of imagery that I am sure others find as disturbing as I do. That isn't to say that the reality ought to be hidden from us but I'm sure I'm not the only one who simply can't bear to watch at times and has been tempted to turn over for thirty seconds when images of starving and dying children suddenly appear on our screens without warning. With this advert, I actually watched from beginning to end and want to do something so I thought I would share it.

You can donate to WaterAid here.

1 responses:

AncientBriton said...

I share your sentiments Michael.
I was moved to blog encouraging people to sign the petition to 'Dig toilets not Graves'. Sadly less than half the 20,000 signatures needed before 19th September have been received.

Post a Comment

Comments from unregistered users are welcome but please do identify yourself so as not to comment anonymously. Thank you.

 
©2009 All of Creation Rejoices | by TNB