Relics of St Padre Pio (Part 1)
-
Today is the feast day of St Pio of Pietrelcina, known to all the world
simply as “Padre Pio”, who died on this date in 1968, and was canonized in
2002. Si...
3 hours ago
4 responses:
Classic!
I had never heard him before. Priceless!
Hilarious! Can you imagine 'An Evening with Metropolitan Kallistos'? He is both highly erudite and very amusing.
It is many years since I last met him. He has the wonderful ability to remember a person, think for a moment and then ask about contacts from the last time he met the particular person.
He is splendid, isn't he? He came to speak in Manchester a couple of years ago after serving the Liturgy for which I had been asked to organise the music, so I stayed and we all remained captivated - caught up in what he was saying while entertained all the way. He really knows how to keep his audience and is a good teacher at the same time.
Post a Comment
Comments from unregistered users are welcome but please do identify yourself so as not to comment anonymously. Thank you.