Last year there was talk of reconciliation discussions between the Church of Russia and the Holy Synod of Milan. I heard about this from two sources, independently of each other. At one time I was told it looked likely that this would all be resolved by the end of last year and that Milan would be similar to ROCOR - an autonomous/semi-autonomous part of the Russian Orthodox Church.
I was very much looking forward to that. I have considerable respect for the Milan Synod and am acquainted with their "local" priest (these terms are relative, after all), with whom I was quietly hoping my parish could establish good relations.
So what happened?
Relics of St Padre Pio (Part 1)
-
Today is the feast day of St Pio of Pietrelcina, known to all the world
simply as “Padre Pio”, who died on this date in 1968, and was canonized in
2002. Si...
3 hours ago
1 responses:
I hadn't even heard of this! How exciting! I have a friend who transferred to the ROCOR around that time from the MS, but I don't know whether his timing had anything to do with such talks falling through or not.
Post a Comment
Comments from unregistered users are welcome but please do identify yourself so as not to comment anonymously. Thank you.